Origins of early streets at north-eastern end of Studley Park
The older streets at the eastern end of Studley Park running off Princess Street were named after the founding fathers of Victoria's juidicary.
From north to south...
Redmond and Barry Streets were named after Sir Redmond Barry (1813 to 1880), an Irish-born barrister who was a prominent member of the Separation movement (advocating the separation of Victoria from the colony of New South Wales) and first solicitor-general for the colony of Victoria when it was finally established in 1851 http://adbonline.anu.edu.au/biogs/A030104b.htm
Redmond Barry was the prime founder of the University of Melbourne, of which he was first chancellor (1853), a position he held till his death. He was also founder of the Melbourne Mechanics' Institute (now the Athenaeum), thrice president of the Melbourne Club, and active in the Melbourne Hospital, the Philharmonic Society, the Philosophical Institute and the Royal Society of Victoria In the early years of Melbourne Barry became unofficial standing counsel for Aboriginal people, almost always working on an honourary basis. Concerned throughout his life to bring learning to the colony, he allowed members of the public to come at night to read books and journals in a room next to the kitchen in his own house. He then went on to found the Melbourne Public Library.*
Fellows Street was named after Thomas Howard Fellows (1822 to 1878), solicitor general from 1856 and attorney-general for a short period in 1857
Molesworth Street was named after Sir Robert Molesworth (1806 to 1890), a highly respected Chief Judge of the Court of Mines, Solicitor General and, for a short period, acting Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria
A'Beckett Street was named after Sir William A'Beckett (1836 to1919) first chief justice of the Victorian Supreme Court created in 1852
Holroyd Street was once known as Conran Street. It was renamed after Sir Edward Dundas Holroyd (1828 to 1916), a Supreme Court Judge and architect of Victoria's Judicature Act http://adbonline.anu.edu.au/biogs/A040464b.htm
Sir William Street and Stawell Street were named after Sir William Foster Stawell (1815 to 1889), first Attorney General and later Chief Justice of Victoria who constructed his home, D'estaville, at 7 Barry St http://adbonline.anu.edu.au/biogs/A060198b.htm
In 1865, 'land adjoining the property of Sir William Stawell' was subdivided resulting in extension of Barry Street and the creation of Conran St (what was later called Holroyd Street) and Sir William Street and the middle section of Studley Avenue.
*now the State Library of Victoria where this website is hosted and outside which his statue still stands